The NMT Green Room is a space for NMT fans to connect with writers and with one another. It’s a place where NMT writers and other contributors can talk about the landscape of contemporary musical theatre. It’s a resource for all kinds of theatre professionals starting out in the business. Most of all, it’s a forum for us all to investigate, share, challenge, and celebrate all things new, musical, and theatre.
Right now, our blog forms the core of the NMT Green Room. There, you’ll find everything from tips for writers and actors to insider information about shows in development to general musings about musical theatre today. To learn more about our current bloggers, click here.
To submit a guest post or learn more about becoming a blogger, click here.
NewMusicalTheatre.com is dedicated to the distribution and promotion of a new generation of musical theater writers who self-publish their own digital sheet music.
Its goal is to create a direct connection between the people who write music and the people who want to perform and listen to it. It provides an affordable and legal one-stop shop to discover and share the work of self-published writers. It aspires to foster a dynamic community where fans and actors can directly connect and impact the writers of tomorrow’s next big hits.
NewMusicalTheatre.com is an e-commerce website designed by writers for writers. It allows fans to directly support writers when they need it most – before their shows go to Broadway.
- 4 Rules for Picking Your College Group’s Next Show
- On the Fringe: An Artist’s Guide to Preparing for Fringe Festivals
- When Friendship is More Important Than Being #Famous: An Expose-heyyy on Playbill.com’s Michael Gioia
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Really Expensive Theatre Tickets?
- The Ultimate 10-Minute Vocal Warm Up for Dancers
- Actor Audition Etiquette: 3 Mistakes to Avoid
- How Not to Hate Your Survival Job
- Don’t Cry for Me Argentina: How 4th Wall Theatre Never Left Me
- The B**** of Seventeen: Spring Awakening, Heathers, and the Role of the Teenager in Modern Musical Theatre
- The YouTube Effect: How Digital Access to Musical Theatre is Changing the Industry