#NMTVotW: Making a Good Quality Video
In my quest to find the right #NMTvotw, I ran into a lot of really good singers, singing some amazing #NMTsongs, but the quality of the video just didn’t allow the singer to make the cut.
Don’t get me wrong: film away with the amazing new technology of being able to carry just one gadget around – your cell phone. Take goofy pictures of you and your friends, or of unexpected sweet moments that you wouldn’t have a chance to capture with a camera. Just don’t expect people to take it seriously.
If you are serious about being a singer and about using YouTube to find your way to your dreams, invest in a really good camera or video camera, and find someone who knows what they’re doing to use it when you’re performing. WikiHow‘s got a great list of things to keep in mind, but as a general rule, you’re looking for:
- Good sound (you’re singing; you don’t want to only hear people laughing or talking over you)
- Good picture (you’re performing; you don’t want to watch a blurry, shaky video for 3+ minutes)
And really, that’s all it takes.
With that in mind, I was able to find a really good quality video AND a really good quality singer. Meet Sarah Snydacker, singing I Want Them… by #NMTWriters Goldrich and Heisler and congratulate her on being our second #NMTvotw winner.
- Make sure the song is by one of our artists.
- Send in only recent videos, so that we know you’re still performing and supporting our artists.
- Learn from the advice we give each week: our standards are only going to go up.